re: Hows the saddle coping ?
"Chris Brown " .; wrote:
__________
> Hows the saddle coping ?
> Graham
> We are all following you ( in spirit ) here at the museum. Did you need to use the ferry have you thought of canoeing ?
>Sue has a technical question - how are you doing the IT bit ? - my guess is you are texting everything back to Valerie to edit and put online.
> Question from the seafront - Ken wants to know what type of bike lock you are using ?
>Take it easy and all the best
> chris
Hi Chris and all you museum folk,
Saddle is coping pretty well, hasn't gone soft on me yet. It's good to hear from you and know that my exploits bring a little amusement to you all. Yes, I did use the ferry - bit of cheat but the police said it would constitute a danger on the highway if I towed a 5m kayak behind my bike. So I left it behind. In answer to Sues techie question, No, Val is not doing all the Blog behind the scenes. I set up the Blog before I left and then it will publish the pictures I email to a certain address, from my phone. (Sony Ericsson 700i) You have to also have to have a Flickr account (free) to send the pictures to, then (probably by magic) they are put on the blog. The text messages I could send from my phone but I don't like entering text on the phone, so email them from a handheld Palm computer (Tungsten E)using a mini wireless keyboard and my phone as a modem. All this wizardry was explained to me by my famous son Tim, who as well as been a good cyclist (if a bit too fast for my li
king) is a techiewiz. Once the stuff is on the blog I can't edit it until I get to a pc so it will have a few rough edges for a while - just like me.
Ken will be pleased to know that I am using a Yale lock, Aluminium body and hardened steel clasp, together with a metre long steel cable that I can wrap around trees, lamp posts or drunks. But the main deterrent for thieves is that the bike is so heavy, with all its gear, you need to have a JCB to nick it.
Cheers
Graham

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home