Day Seven
After a good nights sleep I set off with helpful instructions from your b&b man to Dungarvan. The map I have is not very good, the coordinates do not seem to match anything I can find on my GPS. The Road signs over here are being changed to kms from miles but distances seem to be a pretty random number sometimes. Crossed the ferry at Arthurstown and followed side roads towards Waterford. For about 15 kms I was stuck on the Waterford ring road and then on a main road for another 15. The mist became very thick and I had to turn on my back light which seemed to prevent all the lorries hitting me. Then on to a side road for 40 kms, or so, until I struggled into Dungarvan. There was a hostel mentioned in the Lonely Planet Guide so I tried that, and nearly gave up until the warden came and told me she had been hanging the washing out. Just three others here, Frenchmen hope they don't snore.
Will try to camp just this side of Cork tomorrow if the weather is ok. The forcast is better for tomorrow.
114 kms today

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home