Day Eighteen
Short day's ride today. I considered staying another night in the cottage but your woman at the hostel said that there would be four noisy men arriving tonight - so I left. By the time I got going it was nearly 11.00
and I had got into a 'day off' mind set. But an hour later as I was approaching Donegal I saw another touring cyclist ahead and managed to catch him up and chatting to him, Phillip from Belfast, and cycling along with him boosted my energy and by the time I had reached Donegal and said farewell to Phillip I felt a lot better. Phillip said that there is a ferry from the Inishowen peninsular so that I would not have to cycle down to Derry for a second time. That would save me about a day's cycling.
The hostel I am staying at in Ballybofey is a bit of a mess - I'm being polite. But I met some nice people and had some good craik (sp). Your man here is a bit of an expert on the Northern Ireland Situation and it was interesting to listen to his point of view.
I will leave asap tomorrow and try to get to Malin in one day. Malin is the most northern tip of Ireland and is said to be a fine place. It's the target for this journey but not the end. It will take four or more days to cycle from Malin around the North coast to Belfast where, hopefully, I will meet Broth.
60 kms today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home